Intercollege Transfer Information Sessions
Inter-college Transfer Information Sessions RSVP: https://education.uic.edu/events/ict-info-session/
Current UIC students who are interested in enrolling into the College of Education (EDUC) through an Intercollege Transfer are required to meet the following criteria:
- HDL Major – minimum cumulative GPA (UIC and transfer) of 2.0
- Urban Education Major – minimum cumulative GPA (UIC and transfer) of 2.50
Before submitting an Intercollege Transfer Application, consult with your currently assigned Academic Advisor to ensure that transferring to the College of Education is in your best interest. We also encourage you to attend an Education Intercollege Transfer Information Session to learn more about the requirements and offerings of the College of Education.
It is recommended that a student take the following action prior to the submission of the Intercollege Transfer Application:
- Consult with his/her current Academic Advisor to ensure that transferring is in the student’s best interest.
- Run a hypothetical (uAchieve) Degree Audit of the intended major to plan for pre-requisites or potential barriers. You can find this using your my.uic student portal.
- Attend a College of Education Intercollege Transfer Information Session to learn more about the requirements.
Dates for the upcoming EDUC ICT Sessions for Spring 2020:
February 12, 2020 at 2:00pm in room 3312
March 4, 2020 at 2:00pm in room 3312
March 18, 2020 at 12:00pm in room 3427
ICT applications will be reviewed after final grades are posted for the semester.
You must be an official student admitted to the college in order to receive a degree from the College of Education. Completion of the curriculum does not grant you automatic admission to the college, nor does it make you eligible for an education degree.
College of Education Academic Advisors are not currently taking individual appointments for students not enrolled in a College of Education major.